An unexpected event yesterday resulted in a couple of trips to the hospital! so I'm a bit behind with everything today.
I collected this little piece of Whitebeam with unripe berries outside a nursing home in Stalybridge, Gt Manchester on Sunday morning. These berries turn bright red but I quite like them at this stage.
Unfortunately I completely ran out of time to paint it today and I'm too tired now .....so here it is unfinished..... That's just how it goes sometimes.
Colours: Berries, Gold Ochre and Green Gold graded wash depending on the level of green or yellow in each berry. Highlights were left clear. I applied 3 washes. Then some detail using Raw Umber and Burnt Umber. I added a little Sap Green on the darker greens Would have continued to build up a bit more form using some dry brush but no time to do so.
Leaf , Burnt Sienna and Gold Ochre for the initial wash, several washes were requires with some Green Gold added. I used Cerulean Blue on the highlights and Ultraviolet and Indanthrene blue on the shadows. I used the the Ultraviolet to the Burnt Sienna for the recesses at the veins. Needs more tone but again no time.
Stem: Incorporated many of the same colours, first green gold and Burnt Umber, Followed by a wash of Burnt sienna in the richer coloured stems and shade the same as the leaf.