I think when I finish the challenge a larger piece with all the favourite subjects is on the cards...this little seed has its name down for a place.
|Beech Seed, 2013|
I used a mix of Transparent Yellow and Brown Madder on the same area - very light application. Once dry I painted tusing dry brush to give the velvety feel, using the same colours and added a little French Ultramain for the cooler areas on the shade side. One the left there is a brighter area where the light shines throught the seed - I added a little Quinacridone Red and Transparent Yellow here to make it warmer.
Fot the seed I used the same two colours plus some Burnt Sienna. For the shadow I used a mix of Ultraviolet and French Ultramarine. I applied a final wash of a more yellow biased mix. I used Ultraviolet in the shadow.
Fot the outside of the seedcoat, I used Burnt Sienna mixed with Indanthrene Blue and painted the hair using a small size 1 brush.