Tuesday, 1 October 2013

No. 28, 30 Day Challenge.....More Acorns

Having a bit of a run on the acorns, but theyre perfect little subjects if you don't have much time.  Here are a couple starting to turn brown. Not a great painting or photograph today I'm afraid, just a quick job.

Acorns turning brown, Longton Park, 2013

 Colours: Transpaent Yellow and Manganese Blue Hue mixed to make the green. A light wash was added and the highlight left clear. Thereafer a small amount of Permanent Rose was added to the green mix to dull the brighness and a secon wash applied. For the brown I used Raw Umber and Burnt Sienna. The Cap: Raw Umber and French Ultramarine, for the first wash, then Burnt Sienna and French Ultramarine. I also used the same on the Stem. 


  1. Stunning! A nice example of how you don't have to always do things in 3's!

  2. Thanks Jess, two is the only even number that works.....I think ;)